Reed Facilities are currently recruiting for a Diesel Fitter. This position will be temporary full time for 6 months.
Purpose of the Role
To maintain and repair all mechanical aspects of a vehicle, carry out vehicle inspections and associated administrative duties.
The following reflects typical duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive description of all tasks:
1. Vehicle inspection.
2. Vehicle servicing.
3. Vehicle defect diagnosis and repair.
4. Complete administrative duties associated with job.
5. Preparation of vehicles for P.C.V. presentation.
6. Respond to vehicle breakdown.
- Well presented
- Minimum of 2 years post apprenticeship working on commercial vehicles
- Recognised Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship with minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant trade or discipline
- Awareness and understanding of customer needs
- Diagnostic ability
- Ability to produce safe sound work
- Awareness of Health & Safety at work
- Working knowledge of vehicle systems e.g. air brakes, diesel engine and fuel systems etc
- Able to accept orders and able to work with others with minimal supervision
- Full and current driving licence
- Flexible attitude to work and working hours with ability to work additional hours when required or at short notice
If you feel you meet all of the essential requirements please apply below.