Vickerstock are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician for our FMCG Client who is based in the Lurgan Area. The Maintenance Technician will report to the Engineering Manager.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the following;
- Monitoring equipment and plant performance and following maintenance (PM) plans, carry out planned routine and non-routine maintenance tasks which will ensure plant performance is maintained at a high level.
- Perform reactive (unplanned) maintenance tasks on an as-needs basis.
- Actively seek areas of improvements (site wide in all aspects) and actively support your team leader in continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate with all appropriate personnel within your sphere of responsibility.
- Ensure all work is handed over effectively to colleague starting next shift.
- Update plant asset technical register using portable tablet device.
The Maintenance Technician must be able to demonstrate the following;
- A level of agility is required to permit access to all areas of plant and equipment.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering with strong cross trade skills in mechanical/electrical OR NVQ Level 3 in Mechatronics.
- Cross trade skills that are real, practical and time served
- Demonstrate competent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing equipment and/or processes and of the safety requirements in the maintenance and repair of same.
- Knowledge of safe working practices and what constitutes a safe place of work.
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page