Purpose of position
To assist the Restaurant Manager in the management of a KFC restaurant. To supervise shifts to ensure that sales, profitability and standards are maximised and all Company policies and procedures are followed.
Principal duties and responsibilities
Sales and profitability:-
• Ensure that all restaurant resources i.e. labour, product, supplies, tills and equipment are at correct levels to meet the various volumes of business.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager to carry out local restaurant marketing activity to help increase sales.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager to implement in-store promotions and ensure that all staff is fully briefed to deal with the promotions.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager to maximise the profitability of the restaurant by monitoring food, pack and labour costs and controllable expenses to ensure that these are in-line with established targets.
• Ensure that all cash handling and in-store banking procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure that the correct level of supplies are ordered, deliveries checked and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies fully investigated and reported.
• Ensure that the correct volume of product is prepared to meet the level of business and that the product control sheet is accurately maintained.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager to prepare the weekly labour schedules to ensure all shifts properly staffed/managed and ensure that labour costs are in-line with budget.
• Complete all shift/daily paperwork and assists the Restaurant Manager in the completion of weekly and monthly paperwork.
• Ensure that Company standards i.e. CER & CHAMPS are met.
• Carry out the restaurant awareness report during each shift, taking corrective actions taken as necessary.
• Handle all customer complaints correctly and report all serious complaints to Area Manager.
• Ensure that litter patrols are carried out as required on each shift.
• Ensures that restaurant cleaning plan/rota is adhered to.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager to ensure that the restaurants are correctly staffed to meet the needs of the business, recruiting additional staff as necessary.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager to ensure that all new staff receive comprehensive inductions, are correctly trained to perform those tasks assigned and that they are actively encouraged to progress through the Star 2000 training programme.
• Ensure that those policies and procedures contained in the personnel policies section are followed to minimise employee’s relations issue with the restaurant.
Safety and security:-
• Ensure that all Statutory and Company Health, Safety and Food Hygiene regulations are followed and corrective action taken as necessary.
• Assist the Restaurant Manager to ensure that all restaurant staff and management are fully trained in the following:
o Fire procedures
o Health & Safety
o Food Hygiene
o Security & Robbery procedures
• Ensure that all Company Security Procedures are followed in order to ensure the security of premises, people, stock, equipment and monies at all times.
Any other duties that may arise from time to time to meet the needs of the business.