My Client based BT13 area of Belfast require a permanent Medical Receptionist to join their team on a part-time basis. Reporting to the Practice Manager you will provide a point of contact for patients; to assist in the day to day running of the surgery; to act as a point of communication between patients, doctors and other medical staff.; to provide a full and comprehensive clerical service in all areas of the practice.
- Receive, direct and deal with patients appropriately and with courtesy.
- Answer telephones promptly and efficiently. Deal with patient requests and queries as per practice procedures.
- Respond to all queries and requests from other visitors / callers. Transfer calls and messages as appropriate.
- Process orders for repeat and acute prescriptions as per practice protocols; operate on-line
- prescription ordering service daily as per practice procedures.
- Respond to all queries and requests from doctors, nurses and manager.
- Record requests for home visits as per practice protocol.
- Process requests for ambulance transportation where indicated.
- Ensure emails and faxes received are distributed and dealt with promptly.
- May be required to chaperone doctor in the absence of the practice nurse
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy.
- Report matters affecting health and safety and security to practice manager.
- Sort incoming patient correspondence as per practice protocol and scan mail onto computer system as per practice protocol in a timely and accurate manner.
- Retrieve and re-file records when required, ensuring that strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure records are kept neat and tidy and in good repair with all necessary information
- recorded correctly on the outer cover.
- Ensure that the consulting rooms are prepared in readiness for each consulting session, checking full range of forms and re-stocking as required.
- Ensure that the consulting rooms are checked at the end of each consulting session and are
- left tidy and secure.
- Open up premises at the start of day, set alarm to day function, switch off re-direct on telephone, switch on computers and make all necessary preparations to receive patients.
- Ensure computers are switched off as per practice protocol.
- Ensure re-direct on telephone is switched on.
- Secure premises, ensuring internal lights off and alarm activated.
- Organise refreshments for meetings as required.
- Previous experience in a similar role to include telephone & face to face contact (Previous proven experience in a GP surgery advantageous)
- Fully computer literate
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Educated to GCSE grades A – C including English & Maths
- Flexible approach to work.
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality.
- An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, personal initiative and knowledge to
- respond to patients’ enquiries and requests
16 hours per week over 2 days (days to be agreed)
£8.58 per hour
To apply for the above vacancy please forward your CV via the link below or contact our office on 028 91464971