VANRATH is currently recruiting for an Accounting Specialist to join our client, one of NI's most reputable employers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a new and growing team in NI. Based in brand new state-of-the-art offices in central Belfast , our client is based in the perfect location for commuting to and from work.
You will be joining a team with challenging and rewarding culture of innovation, support, and balance. Ideally you will be Part Qualified Accountant or an Accountancy Graduate with 1-2 year’s experience, with a strong desire to progress within your accountancy career and a clear idea of your career path and keen for an opportunity where this is mapped out for you.
- Monthly close and related processing and analysis (e.g. account analysis, preparation and processing of actuarial liabilities and deferred acquisition costs, and preparation of journal entries)
- Completing SOx controls
- Preparing quarterly/annual statutory and/or GAAP financial statements and schedules/exhibits
- Preparing analytical schedules, analyzing variances, and providing analytical support based on internal customer requests
- Participating in process improvement projects
- Implementing, reporting, and communicating the impact of business and accounting related initiatives on assigned processes and financial statements
- Working collaboratively within the team and across the department as well as with other areas of the organization
- Degree in Accounting is essential (Finance considered)
- 1-2 years of prior accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement
- General knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of financial statement reporting and related analysis
- The ability to research, assemble and communicate findings to areas requesting analytical information
You will be joining a successful business offering a long-term stable role with a competitive salary package, supported studies and excellent benefits to avail of.
For further information on this Accounting Specialist vacancy, or any other Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jessica Grieve in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.