Freight and Exports Administrator
£18,000- £23,000 depending upon experience
Abacus Temporary staffing are delighted to be supporting our client a global logistics organisation in the appointment of a full-time exports administrator to join their team on a permanent basis.
Why This Role
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experience freight administrator to join a team of experienced professionals with sound knowledge and understanding of freight exports and the compliance around this area of business.
You will join an organisation that has a strong foothold in all areas of freight delivery and an exceptionally low staff turnover, with some team members recently celebrating their 30-year work anniversary.
As the freight administer you will be responsible for coordinating the processing of air freight shipments and completing al necessary paperwork to support the shipment and liaising with external agencies to support the shipment.
You will be required to undertake the following duties:
- To arrange, track and monitor Airfreight shipments through to delivery.
- Processing payment when applicable and communicating with customers in relation to consignment progress.
- Responsible for the execution of export documents required for global shipments, which includes Letters of Credit/Export Licences, commercial invoicing and airway bills.
- Produce all documents for shipments
- Convert Weights, volumes, currencies and producing labels for International Shipments.
- Liaise with the Warehouse department in relation to storage and handling.
- Booking Cargo space with airlines.
- Passing on development potential information to Senior Managements.
- To ensure high levels of customer services are maintained at all time, endeavour to excel and offer alternative solutions with other parts of the Group.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English Grades A*-C
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience with an office environment
- Experience in the use of all Microsoft Office programmes specifically Excel and Microsoft word
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Previous experience within a logistics/ Exports or distribution role
- Experienced working with business related stock control system
Only applicants who meet essential criteria will be considered
- Immediate Start
- Permanent role working with a very secure organisation
- Opportunity for progression
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to work with an industry leading logistics organisation
Laura Kearney firstname.lastname@example.org 02890313157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Group on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.