Harm Reduction Support Worker
Salary: Negotiable on Experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week [Schedule as agreed]
Responsible To: Support Manager
Base: Belfast [Within Established Project Community]
The purpose of this role is to provide daily support and positive interventions to identified service users with a range of addiction issues including poly-substance use. The Harm Reduction Support Worker will, under the supervision of the Support Manager and in partnership with our Service Users and appropriate external agencies, create, manage and implement bespoke and person centred support plans to maximise positive outcomes for our Service Users. They will work actively in partnership with the main target group in the creation, facilitation and development of in-house group support opportunities for the Queens Quarter Housing Community.
Queens Quarter Housing provides Accommodation and Support to single homeless individuals presenting with multiple complex issues. As outlined by our mission statement “Respect and Dignity for All” we aim to help veryvulnerable adults rebuild their self- esteem and confidence to enable all to take up their own tenancies and live independently.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in drug & alcohol treatment services or other similar services.
- Knowledge of the Homeless/Housing Sector and working with individuals with multi-complex needs.
- Experience managing a case load and maintaining case management files in a similar discipline/field.
- Knowledge of safeguarding children and vulnerable adult’s procedures.
- Knowledge of the issues facing substance misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues.
- IT literate including proficiency in word processing and excel.
- Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work with and manage challenging behaviour.
- Confidence to work on own initiative as well as part of the team.
- Qualification(s) in substance misuse.
- Knowledge of local services and geography.
- Motivational interviewing techniques.
Queens Quarter Housing reserve the right to enhance the criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
Queens Quarter Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer; if you believe you can fill the above position and help to change someone’s path going forward please contact David Cullen for an Application form with full Job Description and Person Specification.
Applications to be obtained and submitted by email only.
Applications submitted by any other means or CVs will not be accepted or considered.
Applications can be obtained from David Cullen, Administration Officer VIA CLICKING THE CONTACT EMPLOYER BUTTON
Closing Date: January 31st 2019 12 Noon
Company No: NI73970
Telephone: - 028 90313183