A visible, accessible and inclusive Library Service at the heart of communities
Applications are invited for the following temporary post
Job Title: Temporary Branch Library Manager (Job Ref: 1811/72 PAR)
Grade: Executive Officer (NJC Points 18-25)
Salary: £18,870 - £23,111
Hours: 36 hours per week.
Duration: temporary until 31 March 2019, subject to review dependent on business need. Please note this post may be extended, made permanent or terminated for any valid reason
Location: Coleraine Library
The closing date for receipt of applications is not later than
2:00pm on Thursday 24 January 2019
Under the direction of the Line Manager to supervise the service points on a day-to-day basis and provide direct services to the public; to assist in the development of the service to meet the learning, information, leisure and cultural needs of the local community.
Applicants must provide clear evidence that they meet the following essential criteria in the completed application form and, if necessary, at interview:
Qualifications and Experience
- a minimum of two GCE A levels OR equivalent or higher qualification PLUS a minimum of two years’ experience in a public, academic or specialist library within the last seven years
a minimum of three years’ experience in a public, academic or specialist library, within the last nine years
- experience of contributing to the promotion and delivery of library services to a diverse range of people, including children and older people, in a face to face environment
- experience of using current Information Communication Technology (ICT) systems/applications in an information and learning context
- experience of partnership working OR working collaboratively with others
- experience of working in a team environment
- ability to work a mix of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends, both at base and in other service points as required
- have no criminal record which would prevent working with children and/or adults at risk.
Full details of the essential requirements of the post are detailed in the Personnel Specification. The panel reserves the right to enhance the criteria if necessary
LIBRARIES NI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Further information and application forms are available from Libraries NI HR Department either by email: LNIHRQueries@librariesni.org.uk or telephone: 028 3839 9466