We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Assistant to join our team at Advance. As Marketing Assistant, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of the marketing activities for our business, working with our sales team and graphic designer to enhance brand awareness and our marketing position. You’ll work alongside our team to create a marketing strategy that is in line with our values, goals and objectives. You’ll conceive, develop and manage content and marketing programmes that get results across all media types.
- Working with the management team to develop a strategic marketing plan and objectives that support the company’s growth plans; to include events, digital marketing and traditional marketing activities.
- Creating excellent marketing campaigns that generate sales leads to our physical sales team and online retail facilities.
- Generating a unique and creative social media plan, making maximum use of our in-house ability to produce excellent photography and video content.
- Writing and managing content for our website, using SEO techniques to build brand awareness and increase traffic to our website.
- Managing company organised events as well as industry specific trade shows, exhibitions and preparations for awards.
- Working with the graphic designer to ensure all content adheres to brand guidelines, both on and offline.
- Working with the sales team to co-ordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities.
- Copy-writing and proof-reading documents for publication.
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns; analysing return on investment to help guide the marketing strategy for maximum results.
- Carrying out research within associated trade sectors when applicable.
- Maintaining effective internal communications to ensure all team members are aware of company objectives, marketing activities, performance, staff news and other successes.
- Bolstering brand awareness across our team to ensure staff communicate our message consistently with all stakeholders.
- Building the wider team through excellent training, excellent quality and excellent relationships.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Marketing, Communications or Business-related degree or 3 years’ experience in a marketing/communications role in the absence of a degree.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong proof-reading skills and attention to detail.
- Project and event management skills.
- Ability to plan strategically with a results-orientated approach.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques with the ability to apply practically to build brand awareness.
- Ability to analyse results of campaigns to gauge success and guide future marketing plans.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently without supervision as well as contributing within a team environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- 1 year’s experience in a marketing role to include digital marketing.
- Experience of managing various social media platforms to increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Proven track record of delivering results against objectives.
- Experience of coordinating marketing campaigns and events.
- Experience of website CMS and content creation.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of Google analytics.
- 1 year’s experience in a B2B marketing role, ideally within an engineering or print environment.
- Experience of managing an online retail facility.
What we offer:
- £19,240 - £20,202 per annum
- 4-day working week: 37 hours, Monday to Thursday 7.00 am to 5.00 pm
- 28 days' (7 weeks) annual leave
- Free onsite car parking
- Free uniform
- Company pension scheme
- Staff Benefits scheme
To apply for the position of Marketing Assistant, please click on the link to download the application form; completed forms must be returned to Advance Engineering by 22 January 2019.