Currie & Brown is currently looking for suitably qualified graduate and chartered quantity surveyors to be based in our Belfast office.
The successful candidates will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidates will include:
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying value management techniques at the outset of a project
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities, to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring correct production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and lifecycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team and ensuring that they deliver on the above accountabilities
- BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) for senior positions
- A minimum of five years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy for senior positions
- Pre- and post-contract experience
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle
Why work for Currie & Brown?
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience. Our greatest strength is our people’s professionalism and expertise, through which we have time and again delivered exceptional results for our clients.
We are committed to making full use of the talents and resources of all employees, and we provide an environment which encourages good and productive working relationships and recognises individual differences. Our success is based on our diverse workforce.
Currie & Brown offers a comprehensive benefits package including pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, gym membership subsidy, childcare voucher scheme, employee support scheme, season ticket loan scheme and bikes-for-work scheme.
With a reputation for recruiting and developing the most talented professionals in our field, we have a culture of innovation and excellence, supporting our people through ongoing professional development and training to ensure they are kept up to date with industry developments.
We pride ourselves on high performance as a company and actively promote development and mobility within the organisation in order to help our people improve their skills and maximise their learning potential. We employ people from a wide range of backgrounds and always seek to find the best candidate for the job.
If you are interested in a career at Currie & Brown, CLICK THE CONTACT EMPLOYER BUTTON
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.