Head of Laboratory Operations
Precision Medicine Centre
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
The Centre of Excellence in Precision Medicine will develop an internationally accredited laboratory focusing on diagnostics which can be used to predict a cancer patients’ response to treatment. This will allow potentially costly drugs to be used more effectively by being prescribed only to those that can benefit from them.
The Head of Laboratory Operations will be responsible for all operational and managerial aspects of the Precision Medicine Centre of Excellence (PMC) Laboratory, including staff, budget, and all laboratory activities. The post-holder will have responsibility for the provision of the clinical services of the PMC within regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. As a key member of the Senior Management Team the successful candidate will contribute to the development and strategic direction of the PMC. This post is available for 5 years.
Further information about the Centre can be found at https://daro.qub.ac.uk/centre-of-excellence-in-precision-medicine
The successful candidate must have:
- 1st Class or 2.1 undergraduate degree.
- Clinical Scientist HCPC registration (UK) or equivalent.
- Substantial relevant experience in human clinical genomics and / or cancer genomics.
- Extensive experience in leading a busy high-throughput clinical diagnostics laboratory.
- Evidence of managing a clinical laboratory or Section of >10 staff and >£0.5M budgets.
- Evidence of having successfully championed and lead laboratory accreditation to national standards.
- Ample evidence of managing large projects and collaborations successfully.
- Significant experience designing, developing, managing and analysing clinical genomics technology and data.
Salary scale: £50,618 - £58,655 per annum (potential to progress to £64,079 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Tuesday 31 July 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON
For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.