Independent News & Media (INM), Ireland’s leading news publisher is seeking applications for the role of Technology Manager to provide technical leadership and development direction of INM’s classified platforms in Northern Ireland.
The Technology Manager will provide day-to-day oversight of our outsourced technology partners and will devise and lead the implementation of technical roadmaps to continue to improve our systems across our portfolio of classified products.
Role and Responsibilities
- To oversee the technical development and support of our portfolio of classified websites, apps, admin systems and software as well as oversee the management of the platforms that host those products.
- To set consistent standards for development practices and processes (e.g. security, source control, release cycles, QA testing) with our suppliers.
- To work closely with the in-house product team and external suppliers to define and estimate the technical scope of projects.
- To assist with and review project budgeting, scheduling and technical specifications against overall business needs and budget.
- To review and improve QA processes, assist developers with testing and provide technical sign off before roll out.
- To investigate incidents, operating to an agreed timeline for resolution, and regularly review third party performance in accordance with SLAs.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
A development background is expected. The new role of Technology Manager would ideally suit someone already working in a similar role overseeing development. Alternatively, someone with a lead developer background, who is looking to broaden their responsibilities, would also be considered.
Our technology stack includes (but is not limited to): PHP, MySQL, Apache, Silex, Nginx, Aurora, ElasticSearch, C#.net, React.js, Cordova, Objective-C, Wordpress, AWS
The role requires:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a lead developer or supervisory role. Previous people management experience.
- Previous experience in producing secure, compliant, performant and accessible commercial websites/apps, with complex business logic and integration with APIs
- Knowledge of Cloud Based services such as AWS and other technologies listed above is desirable
- Strong experience with source control and automated deployments system
- A good understanding of/experience in responsive design
- Agile methodology
- Proven experience of project management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study for software development (or equivalent)
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply by sending your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 22nd June 2018.
Applicants must also include a completed monitoring form which is available by clicking on the DOWNLOAD BUTTON.
INM Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer