A visible, accessible and inclusive Library Service at the heart of communities
Applications are invited for the following permanent
Job Title: Deputy Finance Manager (Job Ref: 1803/29 PA)
Grade: Assistant Principal Officer
Salary: £37,306- £40,057 (NJC points 42 - 45)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Location: Finance Department, Portadown Library
The closing date for receipt of applications is not later than 2.00pm on Thursday 26 April 2018
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Thursday 3 May 2018
To provide a comprehensive professional management accounting and financial management service in support of the Libraries NI’s activities.
To supervise the payroll and procurement function; to assist the Finance Manager in the development of appropriate policies, procedures and practices, and ensure that these are implemented as designed; to assist in the implementation of Financial Accounting and Payroll systems for Libraries NI.
To manage and maintain effective Finance IT systems and administrative systems, existing and future.
Applicants must provide clear evidence that they meet the following essential criteria in the completed application form and, if necessary, at interview:
- Membership of one of the six CCAB bodies (CAI, ICAEW, ICSA, CIPFA, CIMA or ACCA) with a minimum of three years post qualification experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of statutory accounts preparation within the last six years and awareness of the accounting issues that arise from the implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Demonstrate experience of the preparation of management accounts and reporting to budget holders.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of using, manipulating, extracting and presenting data using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft Office applications in a work environment.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in leading, managing and supervising staff.
- Proven ability in the development and implementation of Finance and Accounting policies and procedures.
- A proven ability to successfully manage complex finance and accounting issues successfully to support finance strategy and business objectives.
- Applicants must have access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for Libraries NI business) or other suitable form of transport which will enable the successful candidate to fulfil the requirements of the post to the satisfaction of Libraries NI.
The above criteria will be used for shortlisting purposes. The panel reserves the right to enhance the criteria if necessary.
LIBRARIES NI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
An application pack is available by email to: LNIHRQueries@librariesni.org.uk or telephone: 028 3839 9466