Age NI is delighted to invite applications for the following vacancy. This post provides an opportunity for someone with passion and commitment to work in a progressive organisation and help achieve our vision – a world where everyone can love later life.
Registered Manager – Ballyclare
Based in Ballyclare Town Hall, the successful applicant will plan and co-ordinate a day care service for 8-10 older people with dementia.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To meet the physical, psychological and personal care needs of clients
- To ensure that high professional standards of care are maintained in the centre
- To plan, develop and implement individual programmes of care designed to enhance and maximise the capabilities and independence of those who attend the centres
- To regularly assess and review in conjunction with the carers the ongoing needs of the older people who receive our service
- To promote volunteering and to implement a programme of training for volunteer staff
- To be responsible for the maintenance of records and maintain confidentiality at all times
- To liaise effectively with relevant statutory organisations and agencies
- To maintain safe and positive environment within each centre and maintain procedures for emergencies
- To develop and implement a programme of activities, crafts and social contact appropriate to the client group
- To ensure that accurate and secure financial and banking procedures are adhered to at all times
- To supervise day-care staff
- To be responsible for the organisation of meals supply and transport arrangements (if appropriate)
- To attend to such other duties deemed appropriate to this post.
Applicants must have the following essential experience:
- A minimum of four years work experience in any health or social care setting with one or more of the service user groups supported by Age NI. At least two years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- Experience of working in the Dementia Care Sector
Applicants must have one of the professional qualifications below:
- a professional social work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition; or
- a first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register; or
- allied health professions registered with the Health Professions Council
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and registered, or be eligible for registration on appointment, on the appropriate part of the NISCC register, without condition.
Applicants must demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- Working knowledge of issues affecting older people in relation to day-care
- Knowledge of voluntary sector (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Applicants must have the following:
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car for business purposes, or other form of transport to meet the travel requirements of the post
- This post will be subject to an enhanced Access NI disclosure
- Applicants must register or be registered with NISCC (with no exceptions) before commencing post.
What we can offer you:
- Salary Scale £19,253 - £20,266 per annum (pro-rata) – under review
- Hours: 24 hours Monday – Wednesday 9am – 5pm
- Annual Leave: 21 days (rising to 26 days) plus 12 Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
- Group Personal Pension Plan (Employer 8%, Employee min 3%)
- Westfield Health Foresight Plan
Age NI reserve the right to enhance the essential criteria to facilitate shortlisting.
For an applicant pack, please e-mail email@example.com or telephone the People and Development Team on 028 9024 5729.
The closing date for completed applications is 4pm on Monday 30 April 2018.
CVs will not be acknowledged or accepted.
Age NI is committed to providing Equal Opportunities to everyone. We particularly welcome male applicants, as they are current under-represented within Age NI.