We are thrilled to be working with our client, a leading Public Sector body, in the search for a Health, Safety and Resilience Manager. As the Health Safety and resilience manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of Health Safety & Resilience in department matters and deputise where required
- To assist with the development, promotion, implementation and regular review of the Health, Safety and Resilience Strategies, Policies, Procedures and Plans.
- Engaging with Regional Resilience groups and Multi-agency.
- Ensure an effective claims management provision.
- Delivering the Departmental Business Plan in support of the Corporate Plan and in compliance with all legal and statutory requirements.
- To provide specialist advice and guidance to the Head of Health, Safety & Resilience and all Directors, Deputy Directors, Heads of Service, Managers and staff in matters relating to health, safety and welfare.
- To fulfil the statutory role of ‘competent person’ as outlined in Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work (NI) Regulations 2000 and also support regulatory compliance / technical support for all associated operational tasks.
- To lead compliance with all Health, Safety and Wellbeing statutory and business requirements, fulfilling the statutory role of ‘competent person’ as outlined in Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work (NI) Regulations 2000 and reduce the risk of threats
- Act as the primary source of specialist technical advice and guidance to management and staff on matters relating to Health, Safety and Well-being, including informing and facilitating internal policy review and development. February 2024
- Lead on preparing all supporting policies and procedures. Identify any internal or external changes with the potential to affect these documents and prepare reports accordingly for the Head of Health. Safety and Resilience’s approval.
- Assist with the development, review and promotion of ’s Resilience plans, including Emergency Plan, and all supporting plans.
- Assist with the implementation of Business Continuity plans, engaging with relevant services on critical reviews to ensure an effective Business Continuity response.
- Identify and analyse trends and opportunities for improvement across all areas of Health, Safety & Resilience
- Effectively manage the Resilience aspects to ensure and support an appropriate response and recovery during and after emergencies
- Advise on policy amendments and extensions to current Insurance policy. Manage and review the implementation of electronic and manual systems for the management of health and safety across ensuring managers understand their role and responsibilities in this area. (To ensure compliance with requirements for accurate record keeping and access to information as required by statutory obligations and to facilitate information provision to insurers and legal representatives).
- Fully implement a comprehensive programme of safety audits and inspections. Where considered appropriate recommend to the relevant Line Manager / Head of Service the suspension of any task or activity that is likely to result in injury or to place the at risk of prosecution or liability.
- Identify and co-ordinate campaigns for Health Safety and Resilience as identified in trend analysis to prevent reoccurrence of incidents and accidents
- Ensure accurate and timely production of all statistics and reports required by the Corporate Leadership Team, Heads of Service, , Committees and line managers and provide regular updates on implementation of strategies and action plans.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. risk management, health and safety, environmental health etc.
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH Chartered membership of a relevant professional body
2 years relevant experience in a Health and Safety role including:
- Policy implementation, training
- Providing advice and guidance to managers
- Management of staff
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please reach out to Glenn Roberts in the strictest confidence
Receive new jobs like
this by email
Matching this job role: Health and Safety Manager
View Employer Profile
7th Floor Lesley Suites,
2-12 Montgomery Street,
Job Ref: BBBH8149_1707819485