West Twin Silos Ltd
W&R Barnett Ltd has been the leading supplier to the Irish animal feed industry since 1839 and over almost two centuries, their commitment to quality and service provision has cemented their position as a market leader.
Our West Twin Silos operation in Belfast is one of Europe’s largest grain silos, with a strong focus on efficiency, high quality and superior service. This impressive complex operates in line with many worldwide standards, such as ISO 9001, and is a TASCC approved store.
We are currently looking for two Maintenance Electricians to join our dedicated team on either a fixed or rotating early / late shift pattern.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive Reward Package
- Highly competitive pension plan
- 20 days’ paid holiday, increasing to 25 days with service
- Health cash plan
- Employee wellbeing support
- Charity matching scheme
- Busy social calendar
- Employee Development
- Play an important role in the ongoing success of a busy site
As a Maintenance Electrician, you will support the efficient operations of ship-to-shore machinery in a port environment.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will provide assistance with planned maintenance, fault finding and breakdown repairs.
- Diagnose electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic equipment faults
- Ensure all engineering work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation
- Repair industrial agri-feed conveying systems to current company standards
- Plan for and assist with the installation of new or relocated equipment
- Maintain accurate and organised records of your work, both written and electronic
- Ensure in-depth handovers are provided to the oncoming shift
To be considered as a Maintenance Electrician the ideal candidate will need:
- To have completed an approved apprenticeship with the relevant Level 3 Mech/Elec or Electrical qualification
- Substantial post apprenticeship experience in a mechanical and/or electrical maintenance and/or engineering role
- Experience in problem-solving and rectification on a variety of equipment, PLCs, safety circuits, control circuits, SCADA controlled equipment, variable speed drives etc.
- Experience and understanding of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Experience of fault-finding using wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of electro/mechanical equipment
- A full, valid driving licence
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
ATEX Experience is desirable for this role, but by no means essential.
We are equal opportunities employers.
So, if you’re ready to join our team as a Maintenance Electrician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.