The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Project Manager within the Centre for Public Health.
The Project Manager will provide specialist project management expertise to ensure successful development and delivery of the Northern Ireland Administrative Data Research Centre (ADRC NI). This is one of four centres across the UK under the umbrella of Administrative Data Research UK (ADR UK), which serves to undertake high quality research based on administrative data that is of policy relevance. ADRC NI has a portfolio of 14 research projects led by individual academic PIs.
The postholder will be based in the Centre for Public Health but will work between QUB and UU, and with colleagues from schools and directorates within QUB and be responsible for reporting back to the funder and the ADR UK Strategic Hub. The ADRC NI project manager will work closely with colleagues in the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA). The post holder will also support the development of the newly formed MRC DataMind consortium. This post is available up to March 2026 in the first instance.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- A University Degree or equivalent OR Substantial relevant Project Management experience and a professional project management qualification at practitioner level.
- Substantial relevant experience that will demonstrate:
- The ability to project manage a complex project from inception to completion.
- Planning and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Stakeholder/partner management and programme reporting.
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams and managing people.
- Using formal project management techniques to deliver successful projects.
- Evidence of managing, forecasting, re-profiling and controlling budgets and resources and an understanding of financial management procedures.
- Evidence of good negotiation and influencing skills.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please visit our website.
Receive new jobs like
this by email
Matching this job role: Project Manager
Queen's University Belfast
View Employer Profile
Job Ref: 23/111519_1705276803