Sensata Technologies is recruiting a Senior Hardware Design Engineer to develop Electronic Solutions within our Insights Business Unit.
Our customers are seeking to deploy IoT devices in order to generate actionable insight to reduce operating costs, improve uptime and enhance safety.
As a Senior Hardware Design Engineer, you will work with a cross-functional team to develop electronic solutions for asset management, vehicle telematics and dashcam products. You will have an opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology which offers a unique challenge in achieving optimal performance. The selected candidate will also lead RF approvals and carrier certification activities.
- Designs and develops equipment, processes and systems that include, but are not limited to data networks, communications, and display.
- Analyses equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design.
- Determines feasibility from technical and economic perspectives.
- Consult with research engineers or scientists and customer representatives to resolve design problems.
- Ensures compliance with technical procedures, documentation and manuals.
- Reviews the work of technicians and technologists who provide technical support.
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors’ degree) or equivalent relevant work experience
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation.
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity.
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers.
Additional Job Description
Specific Essential Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Degree in Electronics or a related engineering discipline.
- Experience of developing analogue and digital circuits.
- Experience of Schematic Capture.
- Experience of simulation for electronic design.
- Willingness to travel as required to global Sensata and customer sites.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Experience in design of electronics for wireless communication - LTE, GNSS, BLE & Sub GHz.
- Experiences using Altium Designer, schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Experience in design of electronics for battery-powered devices.
- Experience in electronics designer testing using National Instruments or similar tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team development environment.
- Experience with RF approvals and carrier certs.
Please note that occasional travel will be required for equipment installation and support.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Sensata Technologies is committed to the provision of training, development, and promotion opportunities.
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
Receive new jobs like
this by email
Matching this job role: Electronics Design Engineer
View Employer Profile
11 Technology Park,
Job Ref: IRC91478