Kitchen Assistant / Food Operative
En Place Foods Ltd is a multi-award-winning and rapidly growing food business working with artisan producers and brand owners to develop and produce speciality foods. As we expand our operations, we are seeking an additional Kitchen Assistant / Food Operative to join our production team.
As a Kitchen Assistant & Food Production Operative, you will work collaboratively with the team assisting in the daily product preparation and packaging of foods. You will help with all general aspects of production and cleaning helping to maintain a clean, hygienic, and safe working environment. You will ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and participate actively in food production from handling raw materials through to the packing of orders and dispatch of finished goods.
- Assist with the general operational processes within the production kitchen.
- Help with receiving and putting away deliveries.
- Follow production sheets to weight out ingredients.
- Operate cooking and filling equipment.
- Work with label printing and labelling products.
- Help with cleaning, maintaining hygiene and general wash-up.
- Pack finished goods and wrap pallets for dispatch.
About you (criteria)
- Have previous experience in catering, food handling or a food production environment.
- An understanding of food safety and hygiene practices.
- Physical fitness to handle the demands of the job, including lifting and manual tasks.
- The ability to follow both written (English) and verbal instructions accurately.
- Good timekeeping skills to support efficient workflow.
- Future opportunities for skills development and promotion within the company are available in this job which may suit a chef or kitchen porter looking for a change of roles and sociable hours.
This role is full time 40hrs per week, permanent, Monday-Friday, daytime shifts 8.00am – 4.00pm.
To apply please submit your resume outlining your relevant experience by email, via clicking APPLY NOW.
Or by post to: En Place Foods Ltd, Kitchen 3, FBIC, Loughry Campus, Cookstown, Co Tyrone, BT80 8SG.
Receive new jobs like
this by email
Matching this job role: Kitchen Assistant
En Place Foods Ltd
View Employer Profile
Kitchen 3, FBIC, Loughry Campus,
45 Tullywiggan Road,
Job Ref: KA/FO/14//11