Front Office Manager – 40 hours
Location: Holiday Inn Belfast City Centre 40 Hope Street, Belfast, BT12 5EE
Department: Front Office
Reports to: General Manager
Andras Hotels is Northern Ireland’s largest hotel group and we are proud to have been at the forefront of hospitality for the past 30 years. We subscribe to the Hospitality Employers Charter, which means we are committed to provide training, development and support to all of our team members. We offer a range of staff benefits and opportunities to grow your career in our fast-growing company.
What is the job?
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Front Office Manager you’ll deliver this through managing all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, porter services, business centre, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations). You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location
What we offer
- Discounted hotel rates at 6000 hotels worldwide
- Recruit a Friend scheme
- Employee of the Month Award
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Staff meals while on duty
- Increased annual leave with service
- Discounted rate at BodyScape Health Club, based at Crowne Plaza
- Andras Academy – Training & Development Programmes & progression opportunities within the Andras Hotels Group
Your day to day
- Manage day-to-day staffing needs, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member performance
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- Ensure your team are properly trained on systems, security, service and quality standards
- Ensure your front office team delivers a great service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to engage with guests.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
The Front Office Manager reports into the General Manager and manages the Front Office Team that includes receptionists, Front Office Supervisor and Assistant Front Office Manager.
What we need from you
We are looking for a creative team player with the ability to work well with fellow colleagues and who meets the following criteria:
- 2 years of related experience, in Front Office management
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hospitality / Hotel Management / Business Administration
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people, and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all Holiday Inn hotels.
The Holiday Inn hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Receive new jobs like
this by email
Matching this job role: Front Office Manager
View Employer Profile
60 Great Victoria Street,
Job Ref: HI/FOM/230622