Core Basic Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Report to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Salary: To Be Arranged
Location: Based at APT Innovations Ltd production facility 4 miles from Lisburn city centre, 5 miles from Moira and 11 miles from Belfast.
To assemble component parts to make a finished product and to appropriately package products for shipping, in accordance with the relevant production specifications, quality standards and customer needs.
Manufacturing and related activities
As part of growing the APT Innovation Ltd production team, this role will offer the opportunity to enjoy a varied role including responsibility for production, assembly, quality control, packaging & shipping processes. Key responsibilities are summarised below.
- Manual handling activities from goods inwards to shipping outwards.
- Assemble component parts to produce a finished product from the Floë range.
- Undertake a range of quality control checks on component parts and finished product, maintaining associated quality records.
- Operate a range of manual/hand tools used across the production process.
- Package products ready for shipment (including use of inner/outer packaging materials and shrink wrapping).
- Stacking/building and wrapping pallets as required for safe storage and shipping purposes.
- Responsible for housekeeping activities and stock keeping.
- Operate other machinery as required, including pallet truck/forklift digger/dumper/tractor/quad.
- Undertake ad hoc duties to support the owner’s business and premises as required, for example, this may include physical duties related to maintenance of plant/equipment, or land.
Health & Safety
- Promote and maintain safe working practices at all times.
- Responsibility for own health and safety, adhering to company health and safety policies and practices at all times.
- Report any equipment issues in a timely manner and take remedial action as appropriate and authorised.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned, within competence and reason.
- To perform the job in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. You are expected to carry out such duties as are reasonably appropriate with your role within reason and competence. APT Innovation Ltd reserves the right to amend this Job Description.
We are looking for the right person to join our team, the ideal candidate will understand and enjoy the nuances of working with a family run business with ambitious growth targets and see the potential in every opportunity. They will be motivated by providing an outstanding experience to every customer at each stage of their journey.
Candidates should have the following characteristics:
- Self-motivation and high energy.
- Action orientated – results focused.
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible to meet the needs of our thriving business and enjoy variety of tasks.
- A “can-do” attitude.
- A true team player - highest level of integrity, honesty and loyalty.
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate how they meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of using hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and follow specifications and instructions.
- Good standard of education – numeracy and literacy.
- Reasonable level of physical fitness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Consistently use own initiative.
- Works well as part of a team to develop continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate may also have:
- Proven experience of manufacturing processes (manufacture/assembly/packaging/quality control/shipping).
- Proven experience of operating pallet truck/forklift/digger/dumper/tractor/quad.
- Knowledge of and passion for the caravan/marine industry.
- Health and Safety qualifications / training e.g. forklift license.
To submit your CV for this position, please click APPLY NOW.
Receive new jobs like
this by email
Matching this job role: Manufacturing Operative