Grade: Salary negotiable depending on training & experience
Reports to: Practice Partners (Clinically), Practice Manager (Administratively)
Hours of duty: Part time – days and hours negotiable
Location: Castle Park Practice, Bangor Health Centre
To assist medical personnel in the care of practice patients to include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education.
The post-holder will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team to provide enhanced services for patients with chronic medical conditions and to participate in programs of rehabilitation.
An essential component of the role is the ability to communicate effectively and work closely with multi-professional/multi-agencies such as hospital consultants, GPs, Nurses, AHPs and Voluntary Sector to ensure that seamless pathways of care for patients are implemented.
Our practice works within a large Health Centre, with a dedicated treatment room that provide all blood tests, ECG’s, dressings etc and therefore you will not be expected to provide these services.
- Provide a service for patients with chronic medical conditions such as asthma, COPD, diabetes.
- Undertake clinical assessment and management of patients within agreed Practice protocols.
- Liaise with Nurses, Consultants, GPs, and AHPs, e.g. referral and hospital discharges.
- Participate in health promotion in line with regional and Practice targets.
- Call/recall patients.
- Provide cervical cytology service.
- Assist with childhood immunisations.
- Participate in seasonal flu vaccination campaign.
- Manage caseload to provide cost-effective and quality care.
- Resource management.
- Keep accurate and contemporaneous records to comply with N.M.C. standards on record keeping.
- Provide information for data collection.
- Collaborate with colleagues, set and implement standards, which can be measured against outcomes of prescribed care undertaking regular review and audit.
Administrative and professional responsibilities
- Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients’ notes on the clinical computer system as appropriate to comply with N.M.C. standards on record keeping.
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports.
- To assist with stock control - ordering and maintenance of adequate vaccine supplies.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings as required.
- Assist in the formulation of practice philosophy, strategy and policy and development of appropriate protocols.
- Provide education and support to patients and carers to promote independence.
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Demonstrate skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
- Maintain continued education by attendance at courses and study days as deemed useful or necessary for professional development.
Please contact Ruth by clicking CONTACT EMPLOYER for further information.
Receive new jobs like
this by email
Matching this job role: Practice Nurse